Inside this post is an easy to set up spring art activity using just three materials!
You'll love this simple dot sticker flower invitation to create! It's a quick to set up spring art activity that lets kids use their creativity while they are also building their fine motor skills!
Why are sticker activities great for kids?
Sticker activities boost toddler and preschool development in so many ways! Here are some of the benefits of stickers mentioned by my friend OT Holly, plus a few of my additions!
- Stickers help kids develop their pincer grasp which is helpful as they learn to write.
- Stickers encourage play and creating!
- Stickers are great for helping kids develop their language skills. They can learn new vocabulary words as they create!
- Stickers support toddler development of bilateral coordination.
- Stickers are just plain fun!
Toddler Approved is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read more about these links in my disclosure policy.
- Roll of white paper
- Colorful dot stickers
- Sparkly gem stickers
How to set up this spring art activity with stickers
You won't believe how quickly you can set up this activity! Here are the details!
- Cover a table (or floor) with some white paper. We like to use our big roll of paper.
- Tape the paper in place. We typically use painters tape.
- Draw some flower stems along the edge of the paper with markers.
- Put some colorful dot stickers, markers, and sparkly gems out on the table for kids to use.
- Encourage kids to start creating! You can even jumpstart the creating by making an example flower using dot stickers if you want.
Sticker gems are awesome for fine motor play!
We love using sticker gems for all sorts of creative activities! Put a few out and you'll love watching what kids create with them!
What are some other spring art activities for preschoolers?
Go here to find more of our favorite spring art and play activities for preschoolers.